Top Flight Badminton Club
Top Flight is a friendly badminton club that has been running for over 30 years. We are the only club in Hampshire offering a full pathway of badminton.
We provide a welcoming environment and offer a variety of options for all standards of player.
The club is run for the members by a committee:
- Chairperson – Linda Bennett
- Club Secretary – Kelvin Wong
- Match Secretary- Matt Bryant
- Treasurer – Emma Aldred
- Welfare Officer – Emma Aldred
Badminton is back!
Top Flight working with Eastleigh Borough Council
Top Flight Members Pull On England Shirts
It’s not every day that you get to pull on an England shirt and represent your country in an international sporting event. If you are not a professional athlete, such opportunities are incredibly rare.
To celebrate the 120th Anniversary of Badminton Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales were invited to Dublin to compete in the Inaugural Graded International Tournament on the 5th October 2019.
The event was held at Dublin’s National Indoor Arena and celebrated the rich history of each federation by providing an international standard event to the club members of each country.
The England teams won 2 Gold and 2 Silver medals and included 4 players from Top Flight: Stuart Preston, Adam Turner, Oliver Eames and Lauren Thomas.
We are Hampshire’s most successful League Club
Sundays 7pm-9pm at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
Offering a competitive team practice session for league players
4 courts on a sprung, wooden floor
Visitors of league standard are welcome
Sundays 5pm-7pm at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
For all intermediate players
Coached sessions and matchplay
4 courts on a sprung, wooden floor
Offering a pathway into our League Club
Coached Begineers / Refreshers
Sundays 4pm-5pm at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
Aimed at beginners / players getting back unto badminton. Informal coaching and games in a friendly environment.
Sunday coached intermediate group.
Due to demand we have added another 2 sessions on a Saturday. We now run 5 coached junior sessions open to players aged 6-16
Thursdays 4pm-5pm at Places Leisure Eastleigh
Fridays 4pm-5pm at Places Leisure Eastleigh and
Saturdays 9am-10am, 10am to 11am and 11am to 12pm at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
Hit and Mix
Fridays 10am-12pm at at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
All players welcome
Tuesdays 10am-11am and 11am-12pm at Hiltingbury Sports Hall
All abilities welcome
Informal coaching included
Chris is Top Flight’s Head Coach with over 30 years professional coaching experience. He is DBS checked. His playing highlights include:
- English National Masters Championships 2016 Men’s Doubles Over 35 Winner
- Yonex All England 2010 Men’s Singles Over 40 Champion
- Winning England National Club Champions 2010 with Top Flight BC
- European Badminton Championships 2006 Men’s Singles and Men’s Doubles Over 35 Runner Up
- Chris achieved a career highest ranking of 9 in Men’s Singles (Badminton England)
Linda is a Badminton England registered UKCC Level 2 coach and is DBS checked. Linda competes in the Masters and Senior circuits
- She is ranked 16 in Mixed Doubles (Badminton England Masters 2019)
- Represents Hampshire in the Masters County Championships Over 40s
- Plays for Top Flight BC in the local Winchester and Southampton leagues
- Committee member of the Winchester District Badminton Association.
Head Coach Chris is sponsored by Ashaway and can supply Ashaway racquets, grips, clothing and shoes. Please contact him directly on 07915 060042 or enquire at club. Chris is also available for 1:1 coaching and offers a stringing service.